View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 03:44 PM   #21
Hardcase

Quote:
The CMP is a wonderfull thing, but some of us cant drive 1000 miles or so to go to a club match, it would be nice to be able to just order one with your C&R.
If you're thinking of the Camp Perry matches, that's not what they mean. Any affiliated club activity counts. If you're not a member of an affiliated club, you can join the Garand Collectors' Association for 25 clams (and get four really nice magazines every year) and use your C&R FFL as evidence of firearms related activity.

It took me all of about an hour to fill out the papers they needed, copy a few documents, visit the notary, the bank and the post office. I was a member of an affiliated club, but I joined the GCA anyway, because I really like the magazine.

There are quite a few reasons why you can't just use a C&R, but one of the biggies is that the CMP isn't in business to sell guns, but to promote marksmanship amongst the "unorganized militia" (that's us regular folks). The way that they sell guns helps satisfy that purpose.

Page generated in 0.02685 seconds with 8 queries