View Single Post
Old July 8, 2009, 10:52 AM   #104
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavracer
OK I take it your going to leave your car and hike home?
Yes, if the alternative is to kill someone and go through what Fish did. Wouldn't you do that? Anyway, I wouldn't have to hike home just circle back and drive away.

Quote:
you also don't know that Kuenzli does not have a gun, you have the advantage of hindsight which Fish didn't.
Irrelevant, since (like the screwdriver) the weapon was not produced. Means nothing.

Quote:
Your in denial. he's going to scare a security officer for telling him to put his dog on a leash and he's not gonna chash you down for hitting it with a stick Right.
No, I am in love with my freedom and house and family and such and do not want to lose them foolishly. The security guard is apples and oranges. First, the security guard confronted HIM over the dog and second the security guard wasn't disengaging and running away as I would be. Finally, he scared the guard but no one was hurt. We don't know whether the gurad was armed but if he was he saw no reason to use his gun or any other weapon he had available did he?

Quote:
Oh so now your magic wand of 20/20 hindsight says the dogs won't come back, your also forgetting the third dog his personal dog the one most likely to engage you in a physical altercation.
No, that is based on the facts as I have read them. I doubt the dogs were a real threat to him (they never bit him) and he overreacted (jury thought that too) and the third dog never came into play according to fish and was over 30 yards away.

Soapbox moment.
For those of you out here in make believe TFL world who are thinking lightly about killing someone I suggest you take a look more thoughtfully at what happened to Mr. Fish. As someone who is one of the minority non-gun nut/mall ninja/2A absolutist/self defense is what I think it is, poster I feel I need to tell you that if you shoot an unarmed man and are tried for that you had better be able to prove that what you did was reasonable. I know about the innocent until proven guilty deal but in the real world of non-TFLers (who you WILL be tried by) if you cannot do such you will be taking a long vacation at government expense. The real world understands concepts like shooting a home invader, armed robber, rapist, gang attack etc and they understand fist fights. Shooting an unarmed person without great disparity of force (ie. 80 year old vs 25 year old) they do not understand and you will be behind the eight ball from moment one of the adventure. My advice is to not take that trip even it it costs you a dog bite, black eye or God Forbid your pride.
Soapbox off now.

Page generated in 0.02448 seconds with 8 queries