View Single Post
Old December 4, 2018, 04:23 PM   #56
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsog
Once more, they must prove he left the airport with a deliberate intent to violate the law.
Which may be why they ultimately decided not to prosecute. They may have thought they would lose, and they didn't want to set a precedent by suffering an acquittal in a very public trial.

Which means, once again, that the issue has not been adjudicated, even at the trial court level. But Greg Revell still spent a weekend in jail, with a number of rather unseemly companions, was forced to receive inoculations that may or may not have been in his best interest but which were S.O.P. for that jail system, and spent many thousands of dollars on defense attorneys and related expenses. All to result in no trial. This brings us back to something I posted early in this thread: "You may beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride."

This discussion began with a gentleman asking specifically if he would be safe transporting a handgun from Pennsylvania through the airport in Buffalo, NY, on his way back home from Pennsylvania. Despite the D.O.J. letter of 2005 you produced a copy of, at least two people native to upstate NY report -- in this discussion -- that the police in Buffalo routinely bust people for traveling with a handgun if they don't have a NY permit. And NY does not issue non-resident permits.

Ergo: regardless of whether I agree with your view on the FOPA or you agree with my view on the FOPA, the consensus seems to be that the OP is not safe flying through Buffalo with a handgun. IMHO, the rest of this discussion belongs in the parallel discussion on constitutional issues -- which has now been closed by the moderators.

Page generated in 0.02889 seconds with 8 queries