View Single Post
Old July 27, 2013, 08:22 AM   #20
Misssissippi Dave

I did have used factory boxes but I got tired of having to use packing tape to keep the cardboard from falling apart after a while. I then tried freezer zip loc bags. They work better than sandwich bags. Lately I have been using rubber made containers. The 5 and10 cup types. You can put a lot of ammo in the 10 cup ones. It is pretty easy to reach in one to load up magazines at the range. The Zip loc bags still go into the 50 cal ammo cans and you can put enough ammo in one of those to make them plenty heavy. The plastic inserts of the factory boxes are still used by me on the bench. I put ammo in them for two purposes. The first it to make it easy to check primer depth. The second is to make counting easier to do.

I go through a fair amount of ammo on a regular basis. The fancy wooden boxes just don't seem to hold enough and take too much time to create. For small amounts of ammo they are really nice. I like to be able to grab quickly 3 to 500 rounds of each caliber I plan on shooting that day to make the range trip. I probably won't come close to using it all but it is there for those times when the urge strikes to put a lot of lead down range.

I have a plastic 50 cal ammo can with the removable inner shelf. That shelf/tray is great to put fired brass in for the return trip.

Page generated in 0.02303 seconds with 8 queries