View Single Post
Old August 25, 2008, 01:05 PM   #24
Samurai

Glenn, I think you're right on track. If, when you begin the "scenario," the 200 lb. man is already on top of you, you've got REAL problems which must be dealt with before the gun is deployed. In my martial arts classes it has always been my position that, if you're laying down with someone on top of you, the LAST thing you want to do is start wrestling for a gun! At that range, and with both bodies grounded, it's time to start inflicting immediate nerve damage to "disconnect the attacker's CPU" as quickly as possible.

For my $0.02, my fiance sleeps with a Ka-Bar hanging from the bedpost, and a sharp katana leaning behind the headboard. She is well-trained and comfortable with either weapon. The Browning Hi-Power (she's got expensive tastes!) is in a cupboard across the room. If she wakes up with a guy on top of her (presumably, someone OTHER THAN me!), she knows a few tricks to reposition him to the foot of the bed. From there, a blade gets drawn, and parts start coming off. If she wants to, after she's done with the blades, she can shoot the bloody pile of twitching goo that used to be the attacker.

- Why is it that we fire 1,000 rounds and know that we need more practice, but yet we punch a bag 10 times and think we know how to fight?

- When in doubt, train, train, train...

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 8 queries