View Single Post
Old June 1, 2013, 09:14 PM   #12

Quote:
I appreciate the input, The Vitavhouri powders are quite expensive and I was hoping to get this done with what I have on hand. since AA7 was recommended, I remembered at one time I had some AA9, so I went and looked and on the back of the shelf I found a small amount of AA9, since I am only wanting to load about 50 rounds for SD, I have enough left. would this be a better choice ? as it has been stated that spherical powders have less flash. if not then I guess I'll have to wait till I can pick up some more powder.
superspirit, AA#9 is an excellent .357 Magnum powder. I would definitely use it over the other powders you mentioned. I can't speak for its flash in short barrels but it gives very good accuracy and velocity. It might actually work pretty well in that Accurates Start Charges with #9 may be all the performance you're looking for. Keep in mind that their data was worked up with a 6" barrel and you're gonna lose some velocity. But with the lower powder charge, flash will also be less than the top-end loads. Since you are loading for defense and flash is important, you might want to test some handloads by shooting some at night if possible.

Page generated in 0.03092 seconds with 8 queries