View Single Post
Old December 28, 2013, 01:48 PM   #26
Slamfire

Cave man used spears and atlatl thrown darts. Sure it killed, but was it the best for the job? When primitive man was introduced to guns, the spears, bows, arrows, were junked for the new technology.

Gun writers are just opinioned people pontificating at a National Level. Celebrity does not make a man wiser. So what if Civil War soldiers used cap and ball pistols on each other and animals? That is not a great justification for the use of low powered weapons on deer. Gun writers have severe conflicts of interest, so their writings are sprinkled with product promotions. Maybe Nonte was looking for free ammunition, future articles, paid hunting trips from Lee Jurras.

It is not a matter of can the 9mm kill a deer, but is it the most humane round? Are there rounds that are less likely to injure and wound a living creature, which will run off and die in great pain?

The point for me is, you are inflicting pain on another creature: you are killing it. It is not a target to punch holes for the challenge of a good group.

Page generated in 0.03817 seconds with 8 queries