View Single Post
Old April 18, 2010, 07:15 PM   #3
p99guy

Mk III's are a bigger pain in the backside to take apart and put back together than a MKII ( I own a suppressed MKII 22/45 and my dad has a Suppressed MKIII 22/45)
I own a older AAC Phoenix intregal suppressor and he has a current Gemtech Oasis which is shorter and lighter than mine....and probley one of the more common all in one units you will run into now. Still not tiny however. Intregal suppressors just arent going to be the same lenth as a 4" inch unsuppressed ruger....and even if you went with one of the short barrel threaded ruger pistols and stuck a 4 or 5 inch screw on .22 suppressor on it, you are looking at the same lenth or longer than the intregal....AND you will have to run standard velocity or subsonics to avoid sonic crack (my barrel is ported and I can run any old High velocity(CCI Mini mags is recommended by AAC) in it and still not get the sonic crack) - there is no free ride in sound suppression.

Do find you a MKII to put what ever you get onto though, you will thank yourself.

By p99guy, shot with PENTAX Optio S4 at 2008-08-25

Last edited by p99guy; April 18, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.03927 seconds with 8 queries