View Single Post
Old October 16, 2009, 10:30 AM   #3
rodwhaincamo

Claude:

I believe this thread is in response of the 30 Carbine for deer thread. I don't believe that it is enough for medium game due mostly because of the bullet design or lack thereof. But I do believe that if you were to keep shots to under 100 yds and in the neck it would work just fine. Especially considering the deer there are about the same size as they are where I am at (80-120 lbs). When I first moved here from Colorado I thought they were long legged greyhounds! I truely understand your vehement towards people taking pee shooters to hunt real game with. I don't care for the fact it's legal to use any centerfire 22. If all I had was a 222 Rem, and couldn't borrow anything else I would still go hunting, but keep my shots to maybe 150 yds and in the neck only. I feel you must respect the game you are killing. I wouldn't want to be gut shot with a 25 ACP and left for dead far far away from help. But I feel that you maybe took it out on him a little too hard. Just my humble opinion, and don't mean nor want to argue about this.
In fact it really chaps my *ss when I hear how people have hit deer 3-5 times with 22 calibers. They had no right taking the first shot obviously!
Ooops...I meant Roy:

Page generated in 0.03914 seconds with 8 queries