View Single Post
Old November 4, 2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Al G19

1 of 4 Help me Judge: Was I ripped off by Turkey45 on the Firing line or not?

This is a request for help from any and all forum members. I need help figuring out if I am totally out of line in this matter. The matter in question is in regards to a trade that I was recently involved in on “The Firing Line” forum.

Below is all of the correspondence that has been up to this point exchange by both people involved, (Myself and Turkey45) I am also posting pictures of the items I received. I unfortunately didn’t take any Pic’s before shipping out my item, I can however provide overwhelming feedback references, that what I shipped was in VG condition (or I would have stated so)

My main problem with this entire deal, is that I was lied to about the condition of the item, I have never had a problem with any trades I have done via the internet on any gun related forum….until this piece of work.
I just want other peoples opinions, I feel like I was ripped off, and it’s just the thought of the way this guy handled it that has really gotten to me.

So I will do my best below to put all of our various e-mails in order, I also have only cut and pasted the letters, so any errors are what they are, on both of our sides.

The initial request by Turkey45, on the firing line forum, that I answered:
Then all of our exchanges in order as best as I can do..

wanted,,Used Harris bi-pod,,in WV...

..Will buy a used Harris Bi-Pod,for remington 700 rifle..
email [email protected] if you have one for sell
.........thanks..or may buy a new one if priced right..

My e-mail reply:
have one that's basically new, attaches to you front sling stud 45.00 shipped to you if you want it.
Thanks,
Al

is it a harris,,is it medium???is that your best deal???

Yes t's a Harris, Med. I think it's like 9 to 13" or so, It's the same one as I use when I shoot my rifle off of the bench. The lowest I'll go is 43.00 I don't want to loose any more money on it than that.
I'm open to trade offers as well....
Al

well cant think of much to trade,,,i have a new in box,,shooting vice..for pistol or rifle,
it is hard red plastic material,,its called a bench buddy,,they sell them at cabela,s
bass-pro,etc they cast $53.00 + shipping,come,s with a carring case,,its new in box..
i have a new simmons 8 point 3x9x40 scope,,low end but a good scope..i bound to have something around here???thanks..

I am looking for a decent AO scope for a 10/22, about 2-12X thereabouts, with an obj. no bigger than 40mm. Nothing fancy, just something decent.
Thanks,
Al

sorry dont have nothing like that...i would like to have one myself..LOL..
hey i have a mint cond,,Scrade-Walden H15,,hunting knife..that was in vietnam..

Do you have a pic of the knife?

no but i can get you one maybe..i would have to take it to my brothers for pictures
heck i dont even know how to mess with the picture download stuff,,the knife is mint cond,,blade lenth is 5 1/4 inch,with original leather sheath,,been in the family for years.it has brown stacked leather handles,,used very little,,razor sharp nothing
loose,,about it..nice ole-collectable hey i have no reason to luy to-ya my friend..
only the H15 was a combat knife..in NAM..LET ME KNOW.heck i just like trading...
..LOL..

Mike,
I got the link to the e-nay pic you sent. I too like trading, but the knife in that pic looks pretty crappy. If yours looked better I think I would be willing to trade, I just would prefer to see a pic first.
Thanks,
Al

yes it lookd alot better,,,your right that was a crappy,picture....i will go to my brothers
today and send you a picture..thanks..

hey my friend,,i did not have a chance to get the picture,,but trust me my friend
the knife is near mint,,no pitting or nothing,,if want to swap we will...hey i dont have to see the bi-pod..you trust me..i will trust you,,how does that sound??i even throw in some type of suprize item..when shipping..

Mike,
Done. I know what you mean, and Let's do some tradin'!
Send me your address and I'll ship it out via Priority mail as soon as I get your information.
Thanks,
Al

My Address:
AlXX XXXXXXXX
XXXX XX XXXX XX.
XXXXXX XX XXXXX
hey friend,,my wife two kids was born in tacoma,,one in seatal,,she once a post card
or picture of MT. RAINIER,,This happen years ago while stationed in tacoma,,she wants it for her oldest daughter...if you can do that let me know???thanks..
P.S. i will get the knife and who knows what in the mail to you...

Mike,
I'll get some postcards and put them in with the bipod, no problem. Just send me your information and I ship it off to you.
Thanks,
Al

my full name and address,,,,MICHAEL X XXXXXX
XXXX XXXXXXXXX XX
XXXXXXXXXX XX
ZIP XXXXX THANKS

let me know if you got the mailing info,,,some reason yahoo is kicking back the mail i send you???dont know why.

Mike,
I got it. I'll do my best to ship it out today via Priority mail.
Al

Mike,
The Bipod shipped out today via USPS Priority mail the delivery confirmation # is:
0306 0320 0000 1924 3742
I also stopped and picked up 4 or 5 different postcards and put them in the box.
Thanks,
Al

Page generated in 0.02857 seconds with 8 queries