View Single Post
Old August 13, 2002, 12:32 AM   #1
powderific

11-87 feeding and firing problems

Hello everyone,

My one and only shotgun is a Remington 11-87, and lately it has been rather naughty. I shoot trap with it once a week, and recently i have been experiancing some rather annoying problems.

The problems are for the most part feeding/ejecting problems. Often when I shoot doubles, it will fire the first round, but then the bolt will hold open and it will not chamber the second round.

I have always had stovepiping problems with it as well, last fall when I shot a sporting clays course thingy, I had numerous stovepipes that made shooting rather difficult at times. I haven't had many problems with this while shooting doubles before, but recently it has become a very common occurance.

The third problem, which concerns me the most, is that a twice during doubles the last time I went shooting, the second round chambered all right, but i could not pull the trigger. It was as though the safety was on, but it wasn't.

I'm curiouse as to what you folks think it might be? I keep my shotgun clean, and the gas ring is almost new, although I think I will change it soon anyway. Is there a major proble with my shotgun? Or is it something that i could probably fix with just a little work?

Thanks in advance

Page generated in 0.02570 seconds with 8 queries