Thread: Condition 2
View Single Post
Old December 10, 2013, 08:45 PM   #34
Tinner666

Quote:
The decocker idea has also crossed my mind more than once. In that case the pistol would be DA/SA, right? And am I correct that only external hammer fired pistols have decockers? The striker fired pistols may have an external safety, but it doesn't decock them? And thanks to all who replied - your experience and suggestions are much appreciated.
You want experience? I moved from the cocked and locked SA's to DA/SA semi's. Loved it to death. It almost caused my death too.
They're great in practice shooting. Takes some getting used too. Long 5-6# pull, slight 2-3# pull. I thought I was ready for anything.

One day, I really needed that 6906 and since I didn't practice with hundreds of rounds going from DA/SA every day, I blew the second shot.
Luckily, I practiced enough I didn't need it.
There is a LOT to be said about a consistent trigger pull for each and every shot. Glocks and revolvers give me that. I still have some SA semi's too.

YMMV, so give my experience some consideration. Some people can handle the transition under stress well. Some can't. (Oh, I was 'ready' and set for the third shot if I had needed it. When nanoseconds count, it might not be enough.)

Page generated in 0.03560 seconds with 8 queries