Thread: Triathlon
View Single Post
Old February 11, 2013, 01:29 AM   #15
BirchOrr

^^^

You guys are killin me! LOL!

Euchre: origin unknown, First Known Use: 1841

Dragoon - "71" would have been a bit before Bill's time. Bill bought everything from Roy "Pa" Keelers shop from Roy's widow. He took over where Pa left off. You could possibly remember a guy named Paul Letts. He was my grade school Principal and when I went into 6th grade, (1971) he went back to teaching and was my teacher. When he was Principal, he assembled the entire school in the gym, had a piece of 3/4 plywwod set up, loaded a civil war era musket with BP and paper towel as a bullet and fired it blowing a hole through the plywood demonstrating to all of us how deadly firearms can be. We had no kids taking guns to school back then! My first time seeing a BP gun in action! In his 6th grade class we could take a jack-knife to school and we kept them in a shoe-box in a drawer in his desk. If/when we got our work done, we could go in the back room and whittle. I still have the 3-blade Shrade/Walden knife I bought with my paper-route money I got in his 6th grade class. I went on many a trip with him in the boundry waters, (northern Minnesota/Canada) and he taught me how to survive in the wilderness with little to nothing. He pinned on my Eagle Scout bage. Talk about a mentor, aside from my own dad, no-one prepared me for life better than Paul Letts. I carried this tradition on with my own kids (just like I was mentored), and my daughter can out-fish, out-trap out-shoot and out-hunt her husband and does it on a regular basis. Ticks him off somethin' terrible! LOL!!!

Gawd can ya imagine if a couple dozen of us here got together for a day of BP pistol/long gun shootin, fish & wild game meals and a good card game? Woooo-Hooo bring it on boys!

Birch
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...

Page generated in 0.05475 seconds with 8 queries