View Single Post
Old February 12, 2018, 06:01 PM   #12
Marco Califo

One indoor range examined my G26 once. There was no need, IMO, but I went with the program. They thought I needed oil on my slide. I run it with minimal lube. The range was in downtown Los Angeles (adjacent to Koreatown), Korean staffed, and my date was a semi hot Korean nurse gal. So, I think there was more at play than the lube on my slide.

My outdoor range does not check, except only on the Long Range rifle range, when the cease fire is called and the RO walks the line for actions open and mags out before anyone can go down range. While doing this he carries a magnet and will check for steel jacket bullets, flashed with copper, which are not allowed on forest lands by the Feds. Now if you have an "assault rifle", or full auto you need to have the papers to show.

It is very normal in my state for every indoor range to inspect AMMO and tell you what they will and wont allow. This is not so much about them selling their reloads. It is to ensure compliance with "no exposed lead", no tracer, etc. They require FMJ or plated. Their reloads are almost always plated, and mid-range. Inspecting firearms varies, but some demand actions open/guns on the counter. I believe this is so they can distinguish between customers and armed robbers or psychos.

One or two places MAY require you purchase range reloads, on your first visit, or if you rent one of there guns, or you are shooting a qualification course.

So, if you want to experiment with hot loads in a hand cannon, you cannot assume every neighborhood range will let you do so.

Page generated in 0.02131 seconds with 8 queries