View Single Post
Old December 14, 2019, 04:35 AM   #20
TruthTellers

I always found double action revolvers to be more "tactical" in their speed of shooting and reloading, but the past few years I just can't shake the feeling of how good a single action shoots and handles.

That said, the major downsides to a single action is the barrels can only be so short to where ejecting cases becomes and issue, which is why the shortest single actions I typically see are 3 or 3.5 inches. The other issue is so many of them are saddled with the traditional fixed sights that are terrible.

I will not buy a single action revolver with fixed sights, so what that means is I'm usually stuck buying a Ruger, which isn't terrible, but I have a pre-Taurus Heritage that shoots great... just has the terrible fixed sights that never shoot to POA.

It depends on caliber too, I can't say I appriciate the added difficulty of loading a .22 single action. I bought a 9 shot Heritage .22 this year and it's fine for what it is and comes with a .22 Mag cylinder, but it is heavy and if I want a .22 with an 8 or 9 round cylinder that's lighter, the Ruger LCRx is the only other option. I'm keeping an eye out for a used one.

"We always think there's gonna be more time... then it runs out."

Page generated in 0.03812 seconds with 8 queries