View Single Post
Old May 11, 2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Now that's the way to do it. Nice size buck. Good look'in 300 E model too. Don't know how you handled those hills there. But that's were their undoubtedly at. A guy on the ground has to do what it takes (hills & swamps) Old School stuff as I call it. Congras are owed no doubt.

Now a days I like so many others jump on my 4 wheeler before the break of dawn. I ride mine up to within an arms length of my enclosed stand which over looks a food plot. Climb up sit in a nice soft office desk recliner. Look out thru that panoramic view from up high into darkness. I don't find it necessary to carry a rifle anymore. I leave it up there in the stand as I find it inconvenient for me to drag it back and forth everyday from the cabin to the stand. (it's such a strain having too do) I then see that a shell is chambered set it back in its right-full place (the corner) turn a put on my headphones on and dial in some nice music from my generation. (real rock and roll >50-60s) then pour me a cup of coffee. Then I'm pumped and I'm ready. After a minuet or so. I figure I had better settle back for a long exhausting hour and a half (1-1/2 hr.) hunt. Morning and evening that same routine is in play for me till I get my quarry. I wonder if am I a Hunter or just a Shooter? The State sells me a license and refers to me as being a hunter. But I know from years past what my father would say. "No hunting skill seen there son: Behavior like a _"Turkey roosting up in a tree is more like it."_ I wonder?

S/S

Page generated in 0.03254 seconds with 8 queries