View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 03:05 PM   #1
stonewall50

CC Flashlight/laser/night sights?

I was recently doing some night time drills with my "practice gun" (just a cheap airsoft pistol that is same size and close to same weight as my carry weapon) in my apartment. I discovered the BIGGEST issue I had was visibility. I think that is obvious.

I DO keep a pretty powerful flashlight next to my bed at night. I even keep and identical one in my truck. But neither of these adress one of the bigger issues that I am not thinking about. What if I am in an area where I may not have my light? I understand that I should carry a flashlight with me as part of my CC kit, but in a situation where miliseconds count drawing the flashlight is impractical and might end up being wasted movement.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I carry a Springfield XD SC9mm, so rail lasers/lights are possible. I would have an issue with holster though I think. I am wondering if I might consider replacing my sights on my weapon with glowing sights? ANY suggestions are more than appreciated. I mean I avoid poorly lit areas like the plague, but again as we ALL know: you never know.

Page generated in 0.03722 seconds with 8 queries