View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 11:23 AM   #18
BigJimP

In the case of my buddy's girlfriend....( she's in her 30's )...( from my note above): on Sunday, from my collection, she fired .....

a. Sig 239 in 9mm
b. Kimber Tactical Pro II 4", 1911, alloy frame in 9mm
c. Sig 226 in 9mm, all stainless version..
d. Wilson Combat 5" 1911 - Protector model, all stainless - in 9mm

e. S&W Model 66 2 1/2", K frame, round butt...with .38 spl
f. S&W Model 66 4", K frame, square butt ..with .38 spl....

Her notes:
a. Trigger pull on all of the double actions ( Sigs and revolvers were too long and too heavy to suit her). She dry fired both revolvers a little ...and put 2 rounds of .38 spl thru each of them ...and discarded both revolvers as options right away.

b. Sig 226 ...too wide...too heavy / clumsy...trigger pull in DA too long. She didn't like it in single action either.

c. Wilson 5", steel, 1911 in 9mm ....was too heavy to suit her.

d. Sig 239 ...she didn't like the DA trigger pull ...too long. She thinks she might be able to get used to it.

e. Kimber 4", alloy frame, 1911 in 9mm. She thought had the best balance of all 6 guns...
-------------
so for her, its more range time with the Sig 239 and a 4" 1911 in 9mm...she likes some things about each. She will need to dry fire each ..a lot....and then a couple more range trips...before she can really decide with any long term certainty. But she has also ruled out all of the Glocks, XD's, etc that are double stack. She's making progress....

Page generated in 0.02371 seconds with 8 queries