View Single Post
Old April 2, 2013, 08:31 PM   #10
OkieGentleman

Electrician's Glasses

My optometrist recommended what he called electricians glasses. Electricians use this configuration for working over their heads with wiring in junction boxes.
The part of the lenses that is for close viewing, is in the top of the lense. When you want to aim your pistol, your head is tipped down and not up at the ceiling, which gets uncomfortable. I also brought a new number 2 pencil with an eraser and a couple of straight pens. I put a pin in the eraser and held the pencil at arms length while we got the prescription for the distance correctly set. I liked that set up much better than having to tip my head back and look through my bifocal at the bottom of the lense. My optometrist only charged me about $20 for the second prescription for the electrician style glasses.
The nice thing about this setup is you can do all of your regular things like drive and other stuff and just tip you head down for a clean focus on a close object. Also great for working over your head.
"The historical cycle seems to be: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back to bondage once more."
Henning Webb Prentis Jr - 1943

Last edited by OkieGentleman; April 2, 2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: addition

Page generated in 0.02607 seconds with 8 queries