View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 10:43 PM   #1
ckpj99

Gun on Vacation? (By car, no CCW)

Hi y'all,

I'm taking a trip to Minnesota for a family reunion at the end of June. I'll be traveling by car. I live in Ohio and will be traveling though Indiana, Illinois, and then Wisconsin or Iowa.

I've been saving up for my CCW and thought I'd been getting it in early June, but some air conditioning problems took a hit out of my savings (along with saving up for the trip). So it's going to have to wait. There's really no good excuse for me not having it yet, btw.

It's not something I seriously worried about or even seriously considering, but I'm was curious about your thoughts on traveling with a firearm anyway.

Apparently in Indiana, traveling with a firearm (even if unloaded, secure and non-accessible) is not permitted, but there seem to conflicting views on this.

Illinois SPD's website states that non-residents should transport their weapons unloaded and not at-hand. Same seem to goes for Iowa and Minnesota.

I can think of very little reason to carry a gun on my trip, especially since I'll be staying at a hotel. The only thing I can think of is that someone in my family (there will be many people I haven't met there, it's a big family) might be a gun person like me, and it would be something fun to do with them.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on if it's worth it (or if you think it's stupid NOT to take one).

Thanks!

***Danggit, I thought I was in the General forum. Mods, if its necessary to move, close or delete from existence this post. I totally understand. No hard feelings. Sorry for making your job harder. You do a great job***

Last edited by ckpj99; May 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Because I'm dumb

Page generated in 0.03743 seconds with 8 queries