View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 06:53 PM   #8
cptmclark

All replies, ideas, and opinions greatly appreciate. I agree that bench rest or target is not the goal, but there should be some criteria for describing performance as "group" or "pattern".

Yea, I love the rifleman, but for the life of me can't figure out why he never chambers a round until he needs a super fast and accurate shot. Maybe the whirling rifle dazes his opponent.

First shot cold bore same place every time for a hunter, with the second not very far off would be dandy. With mine, the first shot is unpredictable where it will be in the group. This is all a sport or hobby anyway, since few of us have to kill our food if we don't want to. I like accuracy, and that definition is up to the shooter I guess. Saying wanting less than 3 MOA is wanting "target" accuracy makes me smile though. My "target" guns shoot sub 0.5 MOA. Hoping for four times that in a hunter I thought was reasonable.

Still, I've had great fun learning about the model, and how to smooth and refine it a bit. Lot's of lead downrange and data books filled. I only wanted to be sure that I can't obtain my accuracy goal, even if it seems unreasonable, before I move on. Thanks again for all the conversation. I do enjoy it.

Ps: Before I learned to enjoy the 1894, my goal was for a more accurate shooter with less recoil than our shotguns, which we have hunted with here for eons. I have shotguns that will stay in 2 MOA all the time, and I have no idea why a trombone action scattergun with rifling in the barrel would do that, but they do (if you get a good one). So I don't have to have a fun rifle to hunt with, but would prefer it. Maybe I'll get a reply for my query about the 460 S&W in a repeater

Last edited by cptmclark; August 22, 2011 at 07:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.02577 seconds with 8 queries