View Single Post
Old July 23, 2011, 11:44 AM   #148
shortwave

MLeake,

The only additional thing I would add to your fun excersize to put things more into a real life prospective with the topic at hand would be to put a friendly silhouette of a hostage, pressed against your BG target, making your BG target very small.

I've ran many combat/house clearing drills set up simulating hostage situations ....but until you run a few and hit a few friendly's, then start correlating your drills with real life possible situations and knowing you just shot ' little Johnny ' instead of BG, its fairly easy to sit back and say " I can do that". Also remember after you've opened up and shot 'little Johnny' instead of intended BG, you've just pulled the pin for massive casualties. Especially if there's more than one BG.
Also noting, the course's I've ran were not set up with as nearly as many people crammed into such tight quarters as you would find on a plane.

The psycological aspect alone of the most extreme trained person in this kind of scenario, if he would be facing a hostage situation where your facing a BG with say, a kid looking at you crying in hysteria is something many regularly trained LEO's just couldn't take. Let alone the average ccw holder.

What it boils down to is: are you good enough to make that shot.... and do you have confidence that everyone carrying on that plane is also competent of making that shot under those extreme circumstances??
Cause remember the terrorist may just have your loved one as hostage.

I know a few and have witnessed, first hand, the training of some of our state,county and city SWAT LEO's. Not only the physical training aspects but the mental and negotiating training as well. Which CAN be a better weapon than a gun. Given the right situation.

I can tell you that every LEO is just not cut out mentally for the pressure of some of these special units.

The mental stress alone is incredible and can age a fella fairly quickly.

I " Thank " those that are for the incredible job they do.

I just don't see alot of cc people handling this kind of situation in as close quarters as a plane would be, very well.

Page generated in 0.02951 seconds with 8 queries