View Single Post
Old February 8, 2008, 08:03 AM   #1
rocinante

JW-2000 Coach Gun opinions

I just bought a JW-2000 side by side 12 gauge coach gun. It is marked CAI Georgia, VT but I know it is made in China but not the exact manufacturer. The site I bought it for said Norinco but I am learning that is getting to be a generic term for any firearm coming out of China and not necessarily the maker. I am getting involved in cowboy action shooting and the shotgun is the least exciting part of it for me. So I am admitting I went as cheap as I could go.

Does anybody know the old west model make and number this shotgun is imitating?

First impression is the fit and finish is a lot better than I expected for a $200 gun. The wood appears to be walnut, the checkering is pretty, the metal appears to be blue. Very heavy and not uber cheap looking.

Everything is stiff. The hammers, the action, the release lever, etc. Any tips on smoothing it out?

Can someone explain to me how the hammer firing mechanism works? The left hammer cocks back farther than the right and has two click positions. Neither hammer seems to actually strike the external firing pin but the firing pin does move forward.

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 8 queries