View Single Post
Old June 12, 2000, 03:46 PM   #7
Hammer

I too have only been reloading for a short while, but I'm staying cautious and having fun. I have a SDB in 45acp. Here are some things that I hope will help in your decision making.

Primers: I've been told that the Dillon's don't like the CCI primers (they tend to be a little on the large size), and are more likely to get stuck in the primer feeder. Personally I like the Remington primers, but that's just me.

Powders: I am currently using Alliant Bullseye and it tends to be pretty smoky. I am going to try the Vartollies (sp?)(boy I think I butchered that name) next as I hear that it's pretty clean.

Scale: I've found that the Dillon powder measurer throws a consistent charge. I know this because I check it regularly. This being said you might just buy a balance scale to start. Since you're only loading 1 cal. and not changing your loads that often you will probably just be using it to setup and check your loads. But then again, it's always nice to get the good/fun stuff right off the bat.

Tumbler: Convenient to have. Just dump the used brass in after the range session, and let it go until ready. Remember to get the cleaning media (walnut, and or corn cob) from the pet store.

Bullets: Sorry can't help here.

Hope some of this helps out.
Hammer

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 8 queries