View Single Post
Old December 12, 2005, 02:38 PM   #5
USP45usp

Dave,

Sorry. I was just saddened when I got to thinking (or maybe in this case, non-thinking) about the added burden that is placed upon Staff when they become Staff.

That it seems that more and more of their time is "policing" and very little time contributing to the board/threads/issues.

That because Staff is held to a most higher standard then general membership that I've seen many times when they wouldn't chime in when they would have done so as a general member.

They "change" from who they were to what they've become (Staff). And it changes the contributions that they had so readily given before.

Guarded, I guess that is the word for it. Staff is more guarded than they were as a general member. They can't be seen as playing favorites, they have the harsh job of banning even if it's someone that they respect and enjoy (labgrade comes to mind from THR), and become abet "hardened".

And this shows through their responses on the board.

I don't know (I was just basically putting out my thoughts on the board pertaining to this issue, just the musings of a member). I just find it great when a member is asked to take on such responsibility but at the same time I am saddened that they will never be like they once were.

As for the rest of the original post, it was just a cascade of thoughts jumbled together to basically say what I've said here for clarification .

And to ensure that it is On-Topic, it was just a suggestion for the Staff to still contribute as they had as a general member even if you have the job of Staff.

(I really don't want Capt Charlie to be taken from us with his contributions (I guess this is what started this thing). He is one of the members that I hold some of the highest respects for, as a person as well as a member. I don't want him to have to be guarded or to feel as if he has to contribute less because of the new position)).

Wayne

*edited: I need to learn how to spell or slow down in my typing so that I don't misspell as much

Page generated in 0.03636 seconds with 8 queries