View Single Post
Old October 22, 1999, 04:15 AM   #4
Espresso

Mr. Dave Mc C,

I disagree with your notion that mounted lights "For police work, they make more sense than for HD." They make just as much sense for the homeowner. Many untrained shotgunners believe the light is to be "on" constantly. The tatical light is supposed to be flashed on and off quickly to I.D. the threat. Having done that the operator's next move is to immediately move to another location and engage the threat with the light off. An exception would be when ambient light truely is pitch black. Then the light is on only long enough to acquire a sight/point picture and fire the weapon. The key here is to move everytime the light is used. The threat will usually fire his weapon at the last lit location. So to answer Shamster's question, yes, the tritium sight is benificial when used in conjunction with a weapon mounted light. This is what is taught at ThunderRanch. There are a few other variables, but this is the basic principle.

P.S. You better be sure of what your shooting at and I.D. the threat 100% or the lawyers are going to have a field day with you. Only a light will do this for you.

Page generated in 0.02519 seconds with 8 queries