View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 06:29 AM   #1
swopjan

Why don't we, as gun owners...

Take the Marine Corps approach to the gun rights battle? Hearts and minds?

I've been stewing on this idea for a couple days now. There was a recent anti-gun video that featured a whole lot of celebrities, which probably did wonders for the anti's, especially as it appeals to the younger potential voters. Gun owners have refuted it with plenty of spoofs, logic and examples of hypocrisy, but nobody went to the celebrities and said "Look, this is what guns are for. This is why I like them. Why don't we go to the range?" The anti's have plenty of poster children. There are pro-gun celebrities here and there but most are not as outspoken and nowhere near as organized as anti-2nd Amendment organizations.

Something could be set up as a non-profit, operating on donations of guns, ammo and money (for more guns and ammo!). Change a celebrity mind, or a journalists' mind, or a politician's mind, and suddenly we have supporters with connections and plenty of what amounts to free advertising for the second amendment.

Normally I sit on an idea until I can get it started myself, but I work 60 hours a week, minimum, to be this poor and I simply don't have the resources nor do I want to wait to strengthen the 2nd Amendment.

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries