View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 04:52 PM   #22
rclark

Quote:
. Nonte review the Charter Arms Bulldog for Shooting Times Skeeter said his pet load of a 240 SWC over 7.5 grains of Unique was a heavy kicker and not that pleasant to shoot.
I wouldn't load that in my CA Bulldog... I load 6.3g of Unique/Universal under 240g SWC for my Bulldog. Not hard kicking at all. I just would not feel comfortable shooting the Skeeter load in the 'thin walled' cylinder of the Bulldog and I don't think the gun would hold up long to the beating anyway. I save the Skeeter load for my Single Action .44Specials which also is very pleasant to shoot and good woods guns. Once you get to 1300fps or so under 240g bullet do you start to feel that the gun is starting to 'kick' back some.... Of course with .44Spec 1200fps is tops with the Keith Load (unless shot out of a .44Mag of course which is all together different ballgame).
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.03324 seconds with 8 queries