Thread: Turkey Season
View Single Post
Old April 30, 2011, 01:49 AM   #24
bamaranger

hunt 22, bamaranger OK

Pulled a bunch of hours at work, as Tues and Weds were bad weather as most everyone knows by now. thanks for the inquiry markj.

Today, Fri AM, I hunted "Ol Mic" again, hunt # 11 for him. Heard nothing. Called blind in Mic's favorite hollow, then came out on the access road for a blind and decoy set in the open. Total of 6 hr hunt. I've not heard the bird since Sat AM. He's gone or dead or something.

Last day tomorrow, I can hunt the AM, if they don't call me out for work and I can get up. Don't think I can stand another Ol'Mic hunt, so off to another area, the big pretty ridge I'd hunted early in the season. My shootin buddy lives nearby (his relatives own the ridge) and saw a gobbler in the open there couple of days ago, good a chance as any.

Ol Mic is one lucky character. I had the gun on him FOUR times, but in each instance he was a tad farther out than I care to shoot. I guess I heard him 6, AM's out of 11, and he gave a great bit of sport. Only morning he could have gotten shot that I wasn't there since I heard him last was Easter Sunday, and I didn't see any fresh truck tracks there that PM, so.......maybe he's just on a walkabout. How far a gobbler ranges in the spring would be a good topic for another thread, .Hmmmm?

Page generated in 0.03026 seconds with 8 queries