View Single Post
Old August 12, 2010, 07:27 AM   #7
Skans

I would stand my ground and go about whatever I was doing. I would completely ignore the guy - wouldn't answer him, and wouldn't antagonize him.

If he approached me I'd remain completely silent and just stare at him. If all the guy did was stare back, I'd go about my business, keeping an eye on him. The gun would not come out unless the man directly threatened me with bodily harm. I've actually done something similar to this before - and no incident developed. Several things:

1. Nutty people don't like when someone stares at them but refuses to talk to them - it creeps them out and they usually move on. If he came on my property, the only words that would come out of my mouth would be "get off my property NOW!"

2. Talking to nutty or drunk people wondering around in a place they clearly shouldn't be is like spitting in the wind - it will do you no good whatsoever. You can't help the nutty guy, so what would be the purpose of even opening your mouth? Also, if something did develop, you can honestly say that you never even spoke to the man.

3. I have a loaded firearm, I'm on my own property - what the heck am I worried about? 9 times out of 10, the nutty guy is just going to move on uttering something stupid meant to provoke you, but the main thing is he will move on and no one got hurt.

Page generated in 0.03169 seconds with 8 queries