View Single Post
Old March 20, 2009, 04:25 PM   #1
flippycat

Tactical upgrades / Novice Topics / Beginners to Arms

Just thought I would throw this out there as the "buzz" the last few months has been about newer members either doing things deemed sacrilegious to a decent firearm or buying ones that are deemed fubar to the rest or just a question that is deemed plain old stupid.

I think, well at least to the masses here it is believed to be noobish behavior done by people who have no clue or respect of a firearm. Most offenders are quickly chased away as they come to the realization they just stepped into a league they did not belong in soon after they hit "submit new thread".

Maybe its boredom, maybe its me just wanting to see a "safe zone" for these posts to keep these members around for unity of the cause.

Now by safe zone, I am not talking about a zone where shotties run wild and boom sticks graze freely or gatt's vs macs and chrome steelies. (yes wildalaska that is a flippycat original line :P Damn your poetry thread)

Just a zone where talk of over accessorized firearms can be accomplished because it is acceptable to do so in this zone.

Where talk of sub par firearms is "ok". I am a hi point owner and a cimmeron owner. Both sub par affordable entry level pistols though I do not want to put them in the mix between a kimber and s&w post as they are not taken seriously and are not in the same league price wise. So most of the time I opt out unless it is in a "defense of" post based on biased mis-informations from non owners. Though I am not new to firearms, I grew up with them but had a long pause in being active with them.

A place where " new to guns what should i get" posts are answered mainly by people who ARE still new to guns and could relay their current new to arms experience to that topic without ridicule for their answer. It is a far different answer from someone who is new to arms then someone trying to remember what it is like to be new and give an unbiased answer.

Though still keeping the proper terminology stickied up top. I think by keeping these people around to be able to post in a zone more catered to them would keep them around to explore other areas and maybe even learn something that would spur them in different directions.

It is hard to deny the huge market for tactical ninja gimmick goods and at least in my opinion it is a huge part of the market directly involved with firearms right now. Heck I know I am guilty of it but that does not make me a ninja at least not one you could see without the use of a slow mo cam :P.

This I feel would help mods to be able to move posts to this area if misplaced allowing the more seasoned members "their space" free of noobish behavior.

Now, this in turn would require actions from the seasoned firearm members guilty of ridiculing these new members for their choices. They would have to give the respect to this section for what is it and take into consideration what it was added for.( to keep the areas designated really for more seasoned questions, answers and or showboating free of noob clutter without pushing the buttons of the original poster based on his decisions to get the desired "lock thread" )

Of course if mis information was posted it could be corrected by a well thought out post but absolutely no condescending epitomes would really be tolerated.

I don't know, I just thought I would mention it. I have found myself frequenting 5 different forums to satisfy my daily surfing needs, when heck it would be nice to have my cake and eat all at one site.

And sure, I would volunteer my time to be prince **** of crap island and moderate some posts in this section I have verifiable references that can be supplied . I would nominate hogdogs and wildalaska as well as they both have a very unique way of making a point without being overbearing when trying to show you the light.

Thank you for taking the time to make it this far in a long winded post of mine

Page generated in 0.03013 seconds with 8 queries