View Single Post
Old November 23, 2010, 10:50 AM   #11
Rangefinder

Quote:
If I cut off my bolt handle and the ball from the handle, drilled and tapped the ball, and the bolt, and then using a peice of pin stock, bent at a 90 and longer of course (what material should I use? Stainless?) , threaded on both ends, and then thread the whole mess together, would that be a feesable mod? Any suggestions are welcome.
That all sounds just fine--except I probably wouldn't use stainless---only because it will polish out to a different hue, nothing structural or anything. Also, I found that doing the drill, tap, and thread-in bolt handle works great until you start cranking the bolt all afternoon. Then it starts to loosen up. Option a) drill down perpendicular and tap for a set-screw. OR B) use a little of this stuff ---http://www.marinetex.com/marinetexrapidset.htmlCall it loc-tite from hell. I used it because I had it handy, and because I've used it to fix a hole in my campstove coffee pot. It's tougher than hell, can withstand high temps from direct flame (so bolt heating up won't hurt it, and once it's on, it doesn't come off--period. More than 100 rds. after locking the bolt handle with this and it still felt like it was welded in place.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.

Page generated in 0.03898 seconds with 8 queries