View Single Post
Old December 16, 2011, 12:35 AM   #19
compglock17

I posted this in another thread, I thought it might help:

Just thought Id throw this out there, since I’m a huge fan of learning to shoot/reload while moving (preferably to cover!!), I have found a simple and effective way to teach the folks at my agency to move and be steady with a weapon. The best part is, you can do it at home! I have them take an empty, 20 oz. water bottle, fill it about 1/3. Then hold the cap end in your dominant hand, and obtain a "shooting" grip, as best you can, with both hands. Now, hold the thing out in front of you, and move. Try to keep the water from sloshing about. Work on that for a while, then move on to dry fire then to live fire. It has proven out well for me and my guys! For carbine work, tape the water bottle to the front sight! I don’t recall where I picked this up or from whom, but it sure works well! And once you have the live fire movement down, start working on the reloads while moving. Just make sure to get the motor program of the reloads down first, as we must crawl before we walk and walk before we run!

Page generated in 0.03713 seconds with 8 queries