View Single Post
Old July 4, 2011, 06:00 PM   #7
youngunz4life

hermannr, I have a gun here so hopefully that counts for this post's validity

in my view, someday, in retrospect of longtime history(pretty much like 100yrs), "we'll" have a bad rap for the medication thing. some Dr's are so PRO it's ridiculous and many times it's the older fellows who love the 'technology' jumps if that is the right word. I have spoken as a 3rd party to multiple of these kinds that just didn't get the 'med thing'. One is supposed to do strict monitoring with many of these meds but let's be honest. as a society this doesn't happen. the commercials will add an interesting twist in a 100yrs too: all the side affects. I Love technology: computers, networking, star trek, whatever, but I am on the other side for this issue. My kids are going to be like me and my grandpa(I guess my dad too) no meds. I am not saying never but I am not afraid to say it. I have seen meds do some damage. damn, I probably was hyper, adhd, amongst other things but too many children are being medicated too quickly and incorrectly(in my opinion). some of these mamas rightfully have a hard enough time taking care of their family; they can't be a DR too or watch this stuff. then you put in the regular, possible experimentation of other depressants(alcohol, weed), stimulants(caffeine, tobacco/nicotine), etc it just can cause issues. live your life, feel your emotions. I do however respect the decisions of other parents who choose meds - they definately have their place. when it comes to vaccines I am 100% for flu shots and everything(another debate). it is just a TRICKY issue and has to have serious serious 'weigh-in time' or strict monitoring. it is nothing to fiddle with. PTSD is VERY real, but it can be treated and this is a very good thing. that is one VA disability that doesn't last forever many times due to this fact. Heck, I actually believe adolescents can get PTSD with problems with the opposite sex sometimes at this young, impressionable age. call it the bug or whatever but that is just one example of trauma whether your childhood abuse as another example, and so-on. my grandma's brother is 85 or 86 and was 17 in iwo jima I think. I guess he has good ptsd and I know this isn't possible, but his mind soaked up that experience more than anything in his entire life! Again, he was an adolescent or a better term is young adult like many soldiers.

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries