View Single Post
Old March 3, 2010, 05:16 PM   #9
BigJimP

You should always buy the gun that fits you the best - drop at comb, drop at heel, lenght of pull ...

Having said that - my personal favorite pump gun is the BPS. I have BPS Hunter models, 28" barrels, in both 12ga and 20ga ....and have had them for over 30 years ... The actions are smooth / they are cast neutral - and I like the safety on the tang (especially if you're shooting with gloves on ) and the bottom ejection is nice.

I'm not a big Remington fan / but its not a bad gun either ...but you don't seem to like the Rem 887 model ... If I want to shoot a semi-auto, I shoot a Benelli ( Super Sport in 12 or 20ga is my preference ) ... and for waterfowl, I just camo tape / or electrical tape up the bright receiver ....but I can shoot a pump gun about as fast as a semi-auto because I've trained myself to operate the pump while the gun remains on my shoulder / and my cheek stays on the comb ( long arms help ) ...

There isn't anything wrong with the Super Nova ...but I like the controls, fit and finish on the BPS a lot better....

but the question is what do you like /what fits you ...not what fits me ...

Page generated in 0.03737 seconds with 8 queries