View Single Post
Old April 23, 2019, 10:07 PM   #33
Bottom Gun

In that price range, I would buy a Kimber. They are, in my opinion, one of the best values available.
The Colts and SA pistols I've owned in the past don't perform as well as the Kimbers I own and from my past experience with Colt repair service, I would never own another Colt.
I've owned a number of Kimbers over the years and each one has been a superb shooter, 100% reliable and trouble free.
I don't care for the full length guide rods or nylon mainspring housings they use on some models but those issues are easily fixed.
I was pleased to see my new 9MM stainless target come in with the old short GI type guide rod and stainless mainspring housing. It has proved to be one of my most accurate 9MM pistols and 100% reliable.
Some guys don't like Kimbers but I don't understand why. I've shot them alongside my Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Ed Brown and Dan Wesson 1911s and, in my experience, they compare very favorably for a lot less money.
I'm basing my opinion on actual use rather than something I read somewhere. I've been shooting 1911s for 48 yr and have owned a bunch of them during that time.
My two cents.

Mechanical engineers have their moments.

Page generated in 0.02548 seconds with 8 queries