View Single Post
Old August 5, 2021, 02:32 PM   #56
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJake View Post
Yep, definitely this.

Plus, with the 10mm AUTO being in resurgence, you really don't need the .40. You can buy, or handload, all energy levels of the 10mm - from mild (40-level) to wild (full-power/max).

The 40's only real appeal was that it could be had in 9mm-sized semi-autos back in the day when the 9mm was still regarded as an "anemic" cartridge, generally in L.E. circles but by a lot of civies as well.

Now that current bullet technology has made the 9mm "combat effective" for street use, the real choices are between it and either the 10mm or .45acp.
I don't think the .45 has much of a future as a carry gun and I do see its popularity waning over time because the capacity for anything that's not a full size like Glock 21 or FN FNX is not good and the price for the ammo is likely going to be over $20 a box once prices settle down.

Also, let's face it, the biggest proponents of .45 ACP are generally older shooters and I don't see them getting replaced by younger shooters who have all largely embraced 9mm and if they do go for more power in a handgun seem to be opting for 10mm instead.

Page generated in 0.02690 seconds with 8 queries