View Single Post
Old October 12, 2013, 09:10 AM   #14
Bill Akins

Quote:
Stepmac wrote:
While they made the Browning Auto 5 to take either 5 or in a later version 3 shells why in the world would anyone want to extend the magazine of a Model 11 to take more shells?
Elmer Fudd comes to mind. I need more shells because....."Be vwery, vwery quiet, I'm hunting lots and lots of wabbits!"

You might as well ask me:....
Why would anyone NEED or WANT....one of those military assault rifles? Why would anyone NEED or WANT....a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds? Why would anyone NEED or WANT.....a magazine that holds 30 rounds? Why would anyone NEED or WANT....these assault weapons of mass destruction? Why would anyone NEED or WANT a car that can go over the speed limit? There oughta be a law! Oh, wait, there are laws like that in some states. Isn't that a good thing? It certainly decreases crime doesn't it?

Do you realize how "Elmer Fudd-ian" (thinking) and actually anti-gunner (unless its a two or three shot) you sounded with your question/statement? Do you realize this?

The answer to your question is simple,....Because it's my gun and that's what I want to do with it.

Quote:
Stepmac wrote:
You have a guy in your house? Take two shots. Just chambering the round will probably run the guy out of your home. If you actually see someone inside your home and you have your shotgun in your hands one shot will be plenty. Okay take two. At close range no one is going to be able to tolerate one shot of buckshot and two is definitely over kill.
Thank you Mr Vice President. Those two shots is all I really....NEED. Gosh, I don't want you nor anyone else questioning why I would want more than a two shot assault weapon of mass destruction. That wouldn't be politically correct and I need to keep my round count down so I won't offend anyone. I'll be sure to fire one in the air for a warning shot and also shoot through the door before I'm sure of my target too, just like you suggested to the public in your address to them regarding getting a shotgun Mr Vice President. Then after I fire two shots, I'll be empty, but it's okay, no worries, all my armed secret service agents will protect me then.....oh wait, that's right, I don't have any........

.....hence my reason for wanting an extended mag tube.

Gosh I love being questioned and asked to justify WHY I feel a NEED or a WANT to extend my shell capacity. There really should be a law that people have to explain a NEED to the authorities first,....before they are allowed to own a shotgun that fires more than two shots without reloading, shouldn't there be? Oh wait, there is, in places like England.

I hate to be critical of what people write, and I don't like arguments or discord, we are here to learn and have a good time sharing with fellow gunners, but damn, just damn,.....people please think about how you are going to sound before putting pen to paper.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; October 13, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.02190 seconds with 8 queries