View Single Post
Old September 1, 2018, 03:14 PM   #23
LineStretcher

First, in Nevada if the state employee cannot make a positive proceed or denied the will come back with an unresolved. The FFL then can decide if he wants to sell the gun or not but must wait an additional 24 hours.

In the OP's case, get the STN number from the FFL and use it to get a copy of your FBI record. You can also wait and the state might send you a letter. Go to the FBI website and follow their instructions. You'll need to send a finger print card in also. Get at least 3.

Once you get your FBI report back, call your CBI and get them to tell you exactly what item on your FBI report caused the denial. Once you know that, go to the court where the case was handled and get copies of everything pertaining to it. Once you have that, take it to the CBI office and get your CBI record corrected. You may be able to send in your information but I would make notorized copies.

Finally, the last step is to submit the info to the FBI by submitting a Voluntary Appeal. Yep another print card and more copies of the case.

Some will argue that this is not the right procedure but I did it so I know it is. My problem was that the courts no longer had any record of my case. My only recourse was to apply for a CCW which the state of Nevada accepts in lieu of a NICS check.

Good Luck!

Page generated in 0.02521 seconds with 8 queries