View Single Post
Old June 23, 2018, 10:21 PM   #1
hogwiley

Is this normal for a new glock?

So I just got a new Glock 22. I was taking the gun apart to clean it before shooting it and I noticed on a part of the underslide of the slide the finish seemed real worn on the thin ramp like rectangular ridge that runs next to the firing pin safety (sorry I don't know if theres an actual name for it) The metal is rough, like it had been grinded. I included pictures. The half moon grooves are actually rougher looking in person than the pictures show.

So normally I wouldn't care about tool marks on a part of the gun I never see, except that this part of the slide obviously rides along parts in the frame as the slide cycles back. I don't remember seeing anything like that in previous glocks I've owned, and I looked at my current glock 23 and noticed this part of the slide is totally smooth with only slight finish wear(despite many hundreds of rounds shot through it). I also looked at pictures online and the part also looked completely smooth.

Is this normal in a new glock? Is this something that gets worn smooth after shooting many rounds? I don't really trust glock's quality control anymore after an experience I had with a previous glock that wasn't reliable, so im wondering if this is another example of poor QC. Because this rough spot rubs against parts in the frame im wondering if this will cause problems, maybe even down the road.

On the other hand maybe this is totally normal and I'm just being stupid. At this point I'm not sure what I could even do except shoot it and just hope it turns out to be totally irrelevant or wears smooth as its shot some.

I just don't want another unreliable 550 dollar gun shaped paperweight, and because this is part of the actual slide, its not like its something I could just replace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glock.jpg (125.7 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg glock2.jpg (195.3 KB, 356 views)

Page generated in 0.03715 seconds with 9 queries