View Single Post
Old June 8, 2018, 05:41 PM   #14
JohnKSa
Staff

For something a little more permanent than sealant or a rubber eraser, you should be able to use some JBWeld. It can be filed/sanded to fit and shape when it has cured and should stay in place just fine. I would rough up the spot where you want it to stick with some coarse sandpaper. It's also a grayish color so it shouldn't stand out too much compared to the color of the gun. If you want, once you've filed/sanded it to fit, you should be able to color it with an appropriate colored marker to make it less obtrusive.

Another option which is even more permanent, is to use a welder to put a small dot of metal on the back of the trigger. Then file it to the minimum height required for the trigger to release the sear.

Obviously these approaches could be used on either the triggerguard/frame or the trigger. I would recommend modifying the trigger since in the worst case you can buy a new trigger.
Quote:
EAA/Tanfoglio frames are not that hard. If they were, the Tanfoglio couldn't drill them easily either.
Tanfoglio uses a surface hardening treatment on at least some of their frames--maybe all of them. I assume that they do the drilling/shaping before applying the treatment.

Page generated in 0.02055 seconds with 8 queries