Thread: Best 2nd Rifle?
View Single Post
Old January 13, 2014, 12:54 PM   #56
buck460XVR

Again, for someone with a very limited collection of one rifle, the suggestion of the second rifle to be very similar, just seems to me to be duplication and not expansion. No need to fine tune when you have very little to tune. If the O.P. can afford to go to Africa to hunt dangerous game, he can afford to buy the proper gun at the time. Buying a caliber in hopes that will someday happen is not a wise investment to me. I would want something I could use now, that is not replacing what I already have.....unless I was getting rid of what I already have. If he already has a caliber fairly appropriate for what he is hunting now, than maybe he needs something for the range, varmints, Cowboy Action or just shootin' tin cans out back. Most times, when I see folks asking "what gun do I need now?'' they don't really need a gun for a specific purpose, or they would have a general idea of what gun they needed, at least when it comes to caliber. They ask cause they want a gun, without having a real purpose for one.

If the OP knows his need and true desires, the caliber will be an easy choice. The maker or platform not so much.

Page generated in 0.03602 seconds with 8 queries