View Single Post
Old May 18, 2012, 12:33 AM   #27
arcticap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamItOne
I personally am very happy with all of my firearms, I usually spend a good deal of time debating on guns. Maybe I've just gotten lucky with my buys. But I can't see selling one to fund another purchase or because I got bored with it...
I traded up twice in a row. I bought an inexpensive new .22 semi-auto rifle and traded it in toward what I thought was a more desirable used .22 lever action. But after shooting each of them for a while, I found that neither of them really met my needs.
So I traded in the .22 lever action toward a much more desirable center fire rifle that was a limited production and which I still own today many years later. Even though there was a small monetary loss on each of the 1st two trade in's, I wouldn't have been able to come up with the cash for the last gun as easily as by simply trading in a gun which I wasn't totally thrilled with the performance of anyway.
Now I've also reaquired the same 1st model of .22 semi-auto again, which I did have a particular use for a short period of time. But I don't use it that much and I now have other .22's that are more suitable for the purpose. So I may keep it for occasional use, or let my kids have it some day, or sell it if I think that there's another gun that I want more.
People keep what they really want to keep and they sell the guns that may not really care much about either way. If that's considered to be boredom then so be it. But I tend to think that keeping a gun is more about weighing its current suitability and usefulness against buying another gun or using the money from the sale for something else altogether.

Last edited by arcticap; May 19, 2012 at 02:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.02350 seconds with 8 queries