View Single Post
Old August 28, 2009, 09:42 AM   #1
trip_sticker

Questions Gallore???????

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and after reading everything I can find I still have a few questions remaining. Hope you all don't mind my starting a new thread to ask them. I recently starting casting my own. I made a batch of .490 round balls and about 500 .357's. I have the Lee 2 cavity mold TL358-158 SWC.

1. After seating one bullet in a .357 case I found that it is just a hair too large to chamber in my gun. I need to size them. Where is the best place to buy the sizing die? Lee's web site has them for $19.98 +shipping. Midway has them for $15.49 + shipping +$3.00 extra fee. Does anyone has a source for a better price? I like the tumble lube so I'm not looking for a lube sizer, just the sizing die.

2. My .357 mold has one cavity that drops the boolit as soon as I open it and the other one sticks bad. I have to beat the hinge bolt several times to get it to release. I'm looking for suggestions or directions on how to properly lube the mould.

3. I want to buy another mold to make boolits for my 30-30 Winchester. I like a 150 grain factory round nose. Any suggestions for a good mold and load data for that type of cast boolit?

Thanks to anyone who can offer suggestions. I'm new to casting but rapidly getting hooked on it. I made a video of my search for lead to use. You can watch it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1VnqbyQdxg

Page generated in 0.02746 seconds with 8 queries