View Single Post
Old May 14, 2008, 10:03 PM   #11
par0590

This old 16ga

Well guys, I wasn't trying to imply or claim this old gun was valuable. I only stated the $60.00 figure as it is a quote from the 1908 Sears catalog available through their website under historical archives.
As I said before more research is needed on my part. Here is a quote from the aforementioned historical catalog.
"The 1908 Meriden Firearms Co. catalog shows the following grades - A with Whitworth, Krupp, or 6-blade damascus for $250 with AE, B with Krupp or 6-blade for $185 with AE, C with Krupp or 4-blade for $110 with AE, D "Trap Gun" with Krupp or 3-blade for $90 with AE, ("Quail Gun" with Krupp and ONLY 16G for $60 (no AE offered) ), F with Krupp or 3-blade for $60 with AE, G with Krupp for $40. Production of these guns was apparently quite limited as very few are found today."
As I said more research is needed and will take me some time to accomplish as this isn't the only project I have going at this time. It is interesting also to note that not all guns sold back then were cheap. I'm sure $250 was quite a hefty price for the turn of the century no matter what gun you were buying. I parenthesized the part of the 16G gun only because it appeared to have possible relevance to this gun. Don't know for sure one way or the other. Hope this partly answers why I am curious about this gun along with it's lack of identifying marks.

Last edited by par0590; May 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM.

Page generated in 0.03118 seconds with 8 queries