View Single Post
Old August 14, 2011, 06:41 PM   #25
zachkuby87

just ordered a brownells catalog and ive narrowed it down to a few parts. or i may just buy a s&w m&p 15 i really like them just to get around all the bs. my only thing im having a hard time figuring out the whole twist rate thing. so correct me if im wrong but from my understanding im going to want a 1in7 or 1in8 twist rate because it can stabilize a heavier bullet that im going to wanna shoot with. now the m&p 15 i want uses a 1in9 twist rate is there that big of a difference or? for sights i think some plain jane quality iron sites will suit me just fine i because have perfect vision that and when i use a scope i end up staring through it for 30 seconds trying to line up the PERFECT shot where with iron sites i usually take the shot within 5-6 seconds because i just aim for the kill zone and let one fly 9 times out of ten the deer drops where it stands the rest of the time i usually find it within a few hundred feet ive only lost one deer due to an angry farmer that wouldnt let me onto his land to track it down i probably could have just went in got it and left without him ever knowing but i believe you should never enter someones property without permission and i even marked where the deer went in with an orange flag so he could find it and the meat wouldnt go to waste. sure enough i drove by his place 15 minutes later and saw him in his orange with a rifle over his shoulder tracking my deer.. oh well sorry for rambling but if your were me would you go with the m&p15 with the 1in9 or build one with a 1in7 barrel? i really wanna get this right.

Page generated in 0.02750 seconds with 8 queries