View Single Post
Old March 15, 2009, 02:41 PM   #1
bamafan4life

swedish mauser 96 6.5x55

hi guys i have a swedish mauser 1920 carl gustov ive had since the summer this gun is in great condition the bluing looks like that of a new factory rifle the stock is beutiful and all numbers are matching except the cleaning rod and barrel band. on the brass disk on the side the barrel is rated a 1. the reason i havnt shot it yet is because ive been to lavy to see about finding some 6.5s but the other day while buying a turkish mauser (starting anouther thread about it) i saw 3 boxes of military fmj's and bought them. im wanting to know what kind of accuracy u get out of ur swede. i must say im a pretty good marksman i can hit the small sprite bottles over and over again at 125 yards with my henry .22lr with factory iron sights. i plain on keeping this rifle all original and using it for a bean field rifle where i usually take 300 yard shots on game (call me crazy for not using a scoped rifle but my father would never allow scopes in the house he said that anybody can take a scope and a day and be able to shoot 3 inch targets at 100 yards but being able to do that with open sights these days is a rarity) whats the best hunting ammo i can buy or load? any help will be apreciated.

Page generated in 0.02301 seconds with 8 queries