View Single Post
Old June 19, 2018, 08:05 AM   #31
Charlie98

Quote:
This thing on counts is kinda interesting. I would be safe in saying its a measure of participation.
I like Mike's analogy that it only shows how long they have been around and not gotten the boot. I've seen round counts extraordinarily high on other forums, but if you look maybe 99% of those are in the 'chatterbox' threads, not substantive discussion... and that's all cool, that's why those threads are present, and I'm not talking just firearm forums. It's everywhere.

I'm not really sure why this is an issue... if you don't like what you are reading, skip it. On one of the computer threads I frequent, you can 'ignore' posters that talk nonsense or smack all the time, which I do. As far as the 'free' advise given on the forum... if someone is recommending that I stuff 30grn W231 in a .45 Colt case or other nonsense, I give that post the attention it deserves... none. Granted, I know better, but it just shows that everyone has an opinion and it should be taken with a grain of salt, and everyone has different experience and experiences.

On the flip side, I've seen some pretty dumb questions posted that just lend themselves to critique... I understand the axiom that the only dumb question is the one not asked, and that's true to an extent, but, again, if the question doesn't make sense... just skip it and move along.

"I have this pistol pointed at your heart!"
"That is my least vulnerable spot."

Page generated in 0.03089 seconds with 8 queries