View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 11:07 PM   #3
NWPilgrim

Compromise on what? Personally I have not heard any "holster rattling", whatever that is. What I have heard are a lot of blowhards trying to demonize gun owners and guns in general, and semi-autos in particular.

If you mean compromising in gun further gun restrictions, we've been doing that since 1934 and look where it has gotten us. 20,000+ gun laws and none of them make the world safer.

What I have heard from the gun owner community is anger at being further threatened, yet reasoned and factual disagreement with those who are lying through their teeth about effectiveness of more gun laws.

Some people like to appear neutral by claiming both sides are hysterical. Yet that is a dishonest appraisal of a situation driven by one side that is rabidly trying to take away legal ownership of self defense weapons, lying about their intentions, and lying about the correlation of gun laws and safety.

Maybe you need to find different people to hang out with because I am not seeing "holster rattling" y anyone other than the gun grabbing politicians.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 8 queries