View Single Post
Old October 10, 2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Bill Akins

Quote:
Virginian-in-LA wrote:
That is about average for a Model 11 with a Cutts Compensator on it in the shape described.
Really Virginian? Show me another complete Remington model 11, 12 gauge with a Cutts compensator and three Cutts choke tubes included, on Gunbroker for what you think is the "average" price of $140.00.
Just the Cutts compensator main body and three choke tubes would cost you more than $140.00

There is currently only one other Remy 11, on Gunbroker with a Cutts compensator on it, and unlike mine which has the 1903 to 1927 in the trigger guard safety, that one has the button safety (so it's post 1927 up to 1947) for the FIXED PRICE of $275.00 at this link....
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=369404739

But $275.00 is a lot more than $140.00 and it's a later model (1927-1947) and not as much of an antique as mine is, and only comes with the short choke tube, whereas mine came with that same choke tube, plus two other choke tubes. Remy 11's simply don't come along for $140.00 with all those goodies that often. Usually they will run you at least $200.00 or more, and even then, that doesn't include a Cutts compensator and three Cutts choke tubes. I know because I watch Remy 11's on Gunbroker all the time, as well as at other auctions while I search for a good deal on a Win model 50.

Again Virginian, show me just one complete Remy 11 with a Cutts compensator on it, with three Cutts choke tubes included, that is manufactured from 1903 to 1927, (and thus more of an antique than the button safety post 1927 models),..... that is currently on Gunbroker, (or any other online auction), for what you said is the "average" price of $140.00
Show me even one, just exactly like that.

Forgetting the Remy 11 for a moment, try to show me even just one, old style slotted, Cutts compensator main body, with three choke tubes included with it, for a 12 gauge, on gunbroker. You can't because there currently aren't any listed. I know because I search gunbroker for them all the time. You can find the choke tubes, but there aren't any Cutts compensator main bodies for a 12 gauge currently on GB. The last available Cutts main body on Gunbroker was about a week ago, (gone now) and it came with the main body, and all the tubes in its original wooden box, and it sold for around $425.00 or some ridiculous amount around that figure. I had it marked in my "watch" list, but deleted it when it went over $400.00 which was just nuts. So finding an in the trigger guard safety Remy 11, with the Cutts compensator body, with three included Cutts choke tubes, all in one package for $140.00 is definitely NOT the average norm.

I know because I have all the under $200.00 Remy 11's saved in my Gunbroker "watch list", and there currently aren't anymore on GB like the last one I got with the Cutts compensator, for $140.00 nor anywhere around $140.00

Now will one come up in a week or two, with no reserve, and sell for $140.00 like in the instance of the one I got? Maybe, but it still won't be the "average" price. The average price, according to my watching them, in worn but good used condition, is at least $200.00 to $300.00 without any extra goodies like the Cutts body and its choke tubes. Just last week I corresponded with a seller who was selling a Remy 11 on Gunbroker, in good but worn condition, without any goodies at all, and he told me his reserve was $425.00 I politely thanked him and then deleted that from my "watch" list. I have enough guns now if I never bought another one, so I don't buy unless it's a smokin good deal on one. I don't get antsy and impulse buy. I learned a long time ago that there's another bus (gun deal) in 15 minutes.

So I patiently wait until I see what has the earmarks of a good deal. That is:

1. No reserve.

2. Seller started the auction early in the morning on a weekday, so that the auction will end early in the morning on a weekday, when most people are either going to work or at work, or perhaps not even up yet if they are retired. So if it has no reserve, I know if I am high bidder I will win it, and if it ends at an inconvenient time for most people to be watching it at its auction end, then I am watching it then, and have a good chance of getting it because few people will be watching at that time to outbid me.

3. The item has extra "goodies" with it that the same gun on other auctions doesn't have, and or it is way under the price of the same model gun at other auctions. Those three things are the earmarks of a good auction to watch.

But just because great deals like that don't happen every day to me, that doesn't mean folks here shouldn't keep a watch out and shop for a good deal on one like I do. The Remy 11 makes a great inexpensive alternative to a high dollar semi auto that can't do anything better than the old Remy 11 can do. You just have to bide your time, shop, and wait to jump on the good deal when you see it.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; October 10, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.04739 seconds with 8 queries